Self care takes many forms, here are a few I have found to be successful...


I feel as though everyone is SO busy with life that no one stops to just take in the sunshine, enjoy life, do something NEW and FUN! I have recently started to invest more time into my self care routine and I can already see changes in my lifestyle, how I'm feeling and looking! If you take time to invest in yourself, it shines through you in the way you act and the way you look!


1) DIY face mask- I LOVE trying new face masks, especially ones that are relatively cheap. No one wants to buy an expensive face mask only for your skin to react badly or you end up not seeing a change at all! I love this mask because I see a change in the brightening of it and my skin also looks clearer!

Cocoa Dream Hydration Mask- Yummy, fully edible and it works wonders for your face! The avocado is hydrating, cocoa is a skin-smoothing antioxidant, and honey is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory!
1. Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl
2. Stir in one tablespoon of coca powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes
4. Wash off with warm water, then use your usual moisturizer

2. Working out- I have found that I am a better person when I work out and get some excercise in. I love being active and healthy as well as being able to see all that I can accomplish. I have recently been working out at CYCLEBAR in Cornelius and man, it is hard but it is SO worth it and SO fun! You get to take a class for FREE to try it out and see if you like it! The instructors are so fun and sweet and will talk to you about anything and everything! Seriously though, I haven't met an instructor that I haven't loved! Syd is the sweetest though- she has pushed me beyond every limit I set upon myself!  ANY kind of working out and getting your blood moving will help you! CYCLEBAR is just a suggestion! CYCLEBAR website

3. Eating healthy-  This one is tough for me! I LOVE my sweets, I LOVE my tacos and margaritas, and I LOVE chips! It's not a "All in" type of eating I'm talking about, I'm talking about still eating the stuff you love but in MODERATION! One thing I love to eat in the mornings that keeps me full until lunch (and limits the snacking) is Avocado toast on Ezekiel bread! Here is the recipe I have made up...
~Here is what you will need....
  • 2 pieces Ezekiel bread (any kind will do, but this is more nutritious)
  • 1 personal size container of guacamole ( near the salad dressings- they look like little cups)
  • 1 hard boiled egg sliced 
  • Goat cheese (can use any kind of cheese and any amount you wish)
  • Himalayan sea salt to taste
  • Sprinkle of olive oil to taste
~ Directions.. This is where you can really make it your own! I usually toast my bread, then let it cool down a little bit before I put on my guacamole and then start layering it with my hard boiled egg slices, goat cheese and then put on my salt and olive oil! SO DELICIOUS!!


4. Do something FUN- I love exploring Charlotte and new areas of this gorgeous state that I haven't explored before! Something fun that I have recently done is Top Golf! It is such a fun experience and going with a group makes it even more fun! If you haven't been, Top Golf is a golfing place where you can play with as many or as little amount of people as you wish and you try to hit certain targets! Each target has different points and the person with the most points by the end of the game WINS! Here is the Top Golf website


5. Buy something for YOU-  You work SO hard for your money and I'm positive that you spend that money on others! You need to buy something for YOURSELF! Whether that be a pair of Gold Betty Carre Hoops or a Classic Silver Long Sleeve Shirt. Whatever you're in search for or really wanting to buy, come on in to CoCo Couture and we will find the perfect item for you! You deserve it, girlfriend! Spoil yourself!


I hope these tips have helped you! Let me know what worked for you and remember- you're important and worthy and you only have one body! Make sure you treat yourself well!


XoXo,
CoCo

Comments

Here's our most popular posts....