Perfect + Easy Soup Recipe and Errand Running Outfit!


So with the weather finally cooperating I have started cooking alllll of my fall favorite recipes! A major staple in my diet lately is soup! I love how easy it is to make and honestly how much it fills me up! It's the best of BOTH worlds! I also love being comfy and cozy in a perfect outfit to run some errands!

Broccoli Cheddar Soup



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 stick of butter- use salted, it tastes better!
  • 1/2 medium yellow onion- chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic- minced; approx 2 teaspoons if in jar
  • 2 cups half &half
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup corn starch
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 large carrot peeled and chopped small- I use the grater and grate mine
  • 3-4 cups broccoli florets- about 1 head
  • 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. In a big soup pot, cook the butter, onion and garlic on about medium heat until tender.
  2. Slowly add the half&half and chicken stock
  3. In a separate bowl mix the corn starch with a bit of water (2-3 teaspoons, eye it!) until there are no clumps and add it to the pot
  4. Add the nutmeg and bay leaves and cook on medium low until thickened
  5. Add the carrot and broccoli and simmer until tender
  6. Discard the bay leaves
  7. Add the cheese and stir until melted

Now for the perfect errand running outfit!














Perfect and easy outfit and super yummy soup! Let me know what you think of both!

XoXo,

Comments

Here's our most popular posts....