Summer Cookout Recipe and Outfit Ideas!








With summer comes parties and you never want to arrive to a party empty handed or not looking your best! I have the PERFECT pasta salad recipe for you and also an outfit idea for this party that you will just FAWN over! I have you ALL set!

Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad:

I chose this recipe because it is SO good and it also takes less than TWENTY MINUTES to make, veggie chopping included! I usually double the recipe because it is sure to be all eaten up within thirty minutes! I also add more kalamata olives depending on the crowd at the party, more times than not I add more because why not!?

Ingredients

  • 1 pound cheese tortellini pasta (either fresh, or dried - cooked according to package's instructions)
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped 
  • 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped 
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives (whole or sliced)(I usually put in 3/4-1 cup)
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (I use reduced fat)
  • 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped

Greek Dressing

  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
  • black pepper, to taste
  • juice of 1/2 lemon

Instructions:


    1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar, cover, and shake well!
    2. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, and basil. Pour the dressing over the top, then toss to combine.
    3. Serve immediately OR cover and put in the fridge for up to six hours before serving! 



    Now lets talk about the perfect outfit for a summer cookout.....

    Lets start with the outfit..... a beautiful Cream & Black Striped Jumpsuit

    I would pair these Zee Alexis Platinum Sneakers with the jumpsuit!

    For accessories I would keep it simple and pair the Brighton Toledo Earrings and the Brighton Toledo Bracelet


    I hope y'all loved the recipe and the outfit I would put together for a fun summer cookout! Comment below and let me know if you want me to continue with a fun summer recipe and outfit from CoCo!

    XoXo,
    CoCo



    Comments

    Here's our most popular posts....